Men’s health medications encompass a wide range of pharmaceuticals used to address various conditions that specifically affect men. Here are some common categories and examples of medications used in men’s health:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Medications:
- Viagra (sildenafil)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- Levitra (vardenafil)
- Stendra (avanafil)
These medications help treat ED by improving blood flow to the penis, resulting in the ability to achieve and maintain an erection.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Medications:
- Flomax (tamsulosin)
- Avodart (dutasteride)
- Proscar (finasteride)
- Uroxatral (alfuzosin)
These medications are used to manage symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate, such as urinary difficulties.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT):
- AndroGel (testosterone gel)
- Testim (testosterone gel)
- Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate)
- Aveed (testosterone undecanoate)
TRT is prescribed to men with low testosterone levels, helping improve energy, libido, muscle mass, and other associated symptoms.
- Premature Ejaculation Medications:
- Priligy (dapoxetine)
- Fortacin (lidocaine/prilocaine)
These medications are used to delay ejaculation and improve control over ejaculation during sexual activity.
- Hair Loss Medications:
- Propecia (finasteride)
- Rogaine (minoxidil)